Summer Stir-fry Pasta (or what Rachel ate for dinner)
- 1 cup Pasta (I used shells, but whatever floats your boat/what’s in your pantry)
- 1/2 Sausage (I used Johnsonville smoked sausage, but you could easily put in kielbasa, or if you’re really poor hot dogs)
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 Pepper
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 t. Garlic Powder
- 1 t. Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 t. Italian Seasonings
- 1/8 c. Cheese
1. Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. While waiting for it to boil, chop and add to a skillet with olive oil: Peppers, Onions, Sausage, and Zucchini
3. turn heat to medium(ish) and stir occasionally
4. When the pot of water boils, add pasta and cook according to directions on box/ or just let it boil for 8-10 minutes
4. Add the seasonings (Italian, red pepper, and garlic) to skillet with veggies and sausage.
5. When pasta is finished, drain and return to pot
6. Turn off heat for the skillet (this can be done before or after, depending on how cooked you want your zucchini to be)
7. Put pasta on plate, followed by the sausage and veggie mix
8. Add cheese to your heart’s content!
9. BAM! you just made a healthy and delicious meal in about 10 minutes, WHAT NOW?
****Some notes about the ingredients:
- You could easily add squash or tomatoes (or both) to the mixture if you’re a fan
- If you’re lazy like me you should grab a bag of frozen “stir fry mix” peppers and onions – it is absolutely wonderful!
- If you’re really just feeling like having sauce with your pasta, I’m sure it would taste great with either marinara or alfredo sauce (or the two of those mixed together), or try throwing some tomatoes in with the zucchini
- Play around with the spices until you love it
- I used both Parmesan and cheddar cheeses because I’m poor and don’t have a need for more variety, but I’m sure mozzarella would taste great!
- Yes, I used white pasta, but I mean come on, vegetables!